Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is simple, quick and good enough to serve to guests. Just great!
- 1 (9 ounce) packagefresh or frozen meat-filled tortellini or 1 (9 ounce) package cheese tortellini
- 1 (4 ounce) jarroasted sweet peppers
- 1⁄2 cup light alfredo sauce
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh basil (I have substituted fresh spinach with great results as well.)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Prepare tortellini according to package direction; drain.
- Drain sweet peppers and cut into ½ inch wide strips.
- In a large saucepan heat Alfredo sauce and add cooked and drained tortellini; reduce heat and add sweet pepper strips.
- Let simmer 5 minutes stirring often.
- Before serving, stir in half of the basil and top with ground pepper and remaining basil.