Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I was looking to add my veggies to a pasta dish and needed to use up my heavy cream and decided to experiment with this recipe. It came out pretty good, hope you like it. If you think this is too much food, you can alter the dimensions. I always like to double my recipes so I have leftovers
- 20 ounces cheese tortellini (Costco brand)
- 10 ounces frozen chopped broccoli
- 10 ounces sliced portabello mushrooms
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 minced garlic cloves
- Boil water and cook tortellini according to package. Add frozen brocolli to the boiling water when you add pasta and cook until pasta is ready.
- In another non-stick pan, use olive oil cooking spray and add mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Add mushrooms to the tortellini and brocolli and top with sauce below.
- For sauce:.
- Melt butter in a large pan, saute garlic until golden (do not let it brown).
- Add cream, parsley & black pepper.
- Stir with a wisk to blend well, cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Gradually add cheese stirring until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Serve over pasta and top with grated cheese of your choice (pecorino romano & parmesan work very well with this dish).