Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my friend Nicole's, favourite birthday cake. It is becoming a tradition. We hope you enjoy it also. This is a very easy cake to make and vary.
- 517.37 g box chocolate cake mix
- 99.22 g box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 28.39 ml hot chocolate powder
- 314.66 ml milk
- 118.29 ml light oil
- 3 large fresh eggs
- 354.88 ml whipping cream
- 29.58 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml pure vanilla extract
- 236.59 ml caramel ice cream topping (room temp)
- 118.29 ml chocolate syrup (room temp)
- 118.29 ml toffee pieces
- 59.14 ml sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chocolate and caramel toppings from fridge.
- Only grease the bottoms of two 9" round pans.
- Beat cake mix, pudding, hot chocolate, milk, oil and eggs on low for one minute, then on medium speed for three minutes.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 28 to 33 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Freeze cakes uncovered for 1 hour.
- Beat whipping cream, sugar and vanilla until stiff peaks form. Place in fridge until ready to use.
- Remove cake from freezer and split each cake into two layers.
- Spread whip cream over cake layer, then drizzle caramel sauce and chocolate sauce, sprinkle on 1/4 of toffee bits.
- Repeat process three more times, stacking the cakes on top of each other.
- Sprinkle sliced almonds on top layer of cake.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Store in fridge.
Incredibly easy and very impressive. I made it for my twin daughters' 16th birthday and it was beautiful. I got ahead of myself mixing the cake mix with the ingredients asked for on my box (1 1/3 cups water, 1/2 cup butter, 3 large eggs), before I realized what I was doing, but I figured it was probably not a problem. I would definitely make this again! (Picked this one for Zaar Tag and I'm glad I did.)