Recipe by babygirl65
Tortas are kind of like a sub sandwich and served alot in South Texas. We use a bread called Bollios. It will not let me add Bollios to the ingredients so you will need 8 of them, 4" in length.
Top Review by catalinacrawler
the spelling is bolillos thats why the site couldnt find the ingredient. this recipe looks yummy, the only thing i would do differently is to use guacamole instead of mayo for a healther version
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- tomatoes, slices
- shredded lettuce
- 16 ounces chicken, cooked or 16 ounces beef, fajitas cooked
Directions See How It's Made
- First, split bollios in half, lengthwise.
- Spread mayo on the top halves. (you don't have to use mayo if you don't want to).
- Spread beans on the bottom halves of bollios.
- Top the beans with Pico de Gallo, avocado slices, tomato slices and lettuce. If you want to add cheese you can, personal preference.
- Evenly layer fajitas on top of vegetables.
- Cover with top half of bollio, press down and secure with toothpicks.
- If you don't want to use fajitas, you can use ham or turkey and whatever kind of cheese you want.