Tortas are kind of like a sub sandwich and served alot in South Texas. We use a bread called Bollios. It will not let me add Bollios to the ingredients so you will need 8 of them, 4" in length.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1First, split bollios in half, lengthwise.
- 2Spread mayo on the top halves. (you don't have to use mayo if you don't want to).
- 3Spread beans on the bottom halves of bollios.
- 4Top the beans with Pico de Gallo, avocado slices, tomato slices and lettuce. If you want to add cheese you can, personal preference.
- 5Evenly layer fajitas on top of vegetables.
- 6Cover with top half of bollio, press down and secure with toothpicks.
- 7If you don't want to use fajitas, you can use ham or turkey and whatever kind of cheese you want.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tortas (Mexican Sub Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.9
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 399.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.2 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pico de gallo