Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Tortas are kind of like a sub sandwich and served alot in South Texas. We use a bread called Bollios. It will not let me add Bollios to the ingredients so you will need 8 of them, 4" in length.
- 16 ounces refried beans
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, peeled and thinly sliced
- tomatoes, slices
- shredded lettuce
- 16 ounces chicken, cooked or 16 ounces beef, fajitas cooked
- First, split bollios in half, lengthwise.
- Spread mayo on the top halves. (you don't have to use mayo if you don't want to).
- Spread beans on the bottom halves of bollios.
- Top the beans with Pico de Gallo, avocado slices, tomato slices and lettuce. If you want to add cheese you can, personal preference.
- Evenly layer fajitas on top of vegetables.
- Cover with top half of bollio, press down and secure with toothpicks.
- If you don't want to use fajitas, you can use ham or turkey and whatever kind of cheese you want.
the spelling is bolillos thats why the site couldnt find the ingredient. this recipe looks yummy, the only thing i would do differently is to use guacamole instead of mayo for a healther version
great sandwich i love them i have the bread recipe on my site thanks for posting dee