Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Saw this on the Today Show this morning! Great recipe!
- 1 lb parmesan cheese
- 8 eggs
- 1 lb mozzarella cheese, diced small
- 1 lb impastata ricotta (dry ricotta cheese)
- 1 lb provolone cheese, diced small
- 16 ounces diced prosciutto di Parma
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, chopped fine
- 32 ounces heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, diced
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- Combine heavy cream, Parmesan cheese, eggs, Mozzarella, Ricotta, Provolone, Prosciutto and parsley. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
- Mix flour, cornmeal and salt in a medium sized bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Beat 2 eggs, add water, and stir into flour mixture until dough holds together.
- Shape 2/3 of the dough into a flattened round; repeat with remaining 1/3. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or until dough is firm enough to roll. Have a 12-inch springform pan ready. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the larger portion of the dough into a 20-inch diameter circle. Carefully place in ungreased pan. Press lightly against bottoms and sides. Trim overhanging dough to 1-inch from pan rim. Pour filling into springform lined with dough.
- Roll out remaining dough into a 12-inch diameter circle. Place over filling, moisten edges, and seal crusts together. Crimp or flute edges of dough. Crust should not extend above pan rim. Beat remaining egg and brush over the crust. Cut several small vents in top crust for steam to escape. Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until crust is deep golden brown and pulls away from sides of pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
I had been looking for Easter Pizza and never new this was the same thing!! I loved it!!! Great Recipe!!! Will be making it for more than just Easter from now on!!