Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
If you like Amaretto cookies you love this dessert. In Italy you can find this cake in most every bakery or pastry shop.
- 7 ounces amaretto cookies (*dry)
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup peeled almonds
- 1 fluid ounce amaretto liqueur
- puff pastry, for 9 inch pan
- 1 pinch salt
- Blend the amaretti in a food processor and then set them aside.
- Now blend the almonds too, however turn the processor on and off quickly as you want to chop them finely, but not turn them into a cream. Set them aside.
- Put the butter and sugar in the food processor and blend together until creamy and fluffy.
- Then add the eggs, one at the time until well combined.
- Now add the flour and a pinch of salt and blend them inches.
- Set the food processor to a low speed and add the almonds and a shot of amaretto.
- Finally ad the amaretto cookies and mix them inches.
- Roll out the puff pastry until it is nice and thin and put it in a 9" springform pan. Roll it out so that it is big enough to come out over the top of the pan.
- Add the filling.
- Fold the puff pastry from the sides onto the cake. Note that it doesn't have to cover the whole cake just the first inch or two form the outside.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 360° for 40-45 minutes or until done. You can check by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the crust starts to brown too much cover it with foil.
- Let cool before serving.
- The quantity of puff pastry varies from one brand to another. In this case I need one package to make the crust.
- By dry I don't mean old. Amaretto cookies are made in two ways, as a dry and crunchy cookie or a moist and chewy cookie.