1 hr 30 mins
If you like Amaretto cookies you love this dessert. In Italy you can find this cake in most every bakery or pastry shop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend the amaretti in a food processor and then set them aside.
- 2Now blend the almonds too, however turn the processor on and off quickly as you want to chop them finely, but not turn them into a cream. Set them aside.
- 3Put the butter and sugar in the food processor and blend together until creamy and fluffy.
- 4Then add the eggs, one at the time until well combined.
- 5Now add the flour and a pinch of salt and blend them inches.
- 6Set the food processor to a low speed and add the almonds and a shot of amaretto.
- 7Finally ad the amaretto cookies and mix them inches.
- 8Roll out the puff pastry until it is nice and thin and put it in a 9" springform pan. Roll it out so that it is big enough to come out over the top of the pan.
- 9Add the filling.
- 10Fold the puff pastry from the sides onto the cake. Note that it doesn't have to cover the whole cake just the first inch or two form the outside.
- 11Bake in a preheated oven at 360° for 40-45 minutes or until done. You can check by inserting a toothpick into the center. If the crust starts to brown too much cover it with foil.
- 12Let cool before serving.
- 14The quantity of puff pastry varies from one brand to another. In this case I need one package to make the crust.
- 15By dry I don't mean old. Amaretto cookies are made in two ways, as a dry and crunchy cookie or a moist and chewy cookie.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torta Russa
Serving Size: 1 (97 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 425.2
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.0 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 92.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 25.8 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: