- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons grated lemons
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons cream
- 2 green apples, peeled,cored and cut into quarters and cut thinly
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon mixed peel
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package cream, extra
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the dry pastry ingredients mix well.
- Cut in the butter until mealy (use pastry cutter or two knives).
- Beat the egg yolk and cream add to the flour mixture, mix well and form a round ball.
- Roll out to about 11x7" rectangle.
- line a pyrex dish with the pastry, bringing the edges up the sides, trim.
- Arrange apples, overlapping on the cake base.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until thick.
- Gradually add the 2 tbsp flour, lemon rind, cream softened cream cheese, raisins, salt and peelBake in moderate oven (350F) 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
- Serve room temp with cream (not whipped or serve warm with stiff whipped cream or serve without cream).
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top.