1/1 Photo of Torta di Ricotta
1 hr 15 mins
I have not made this cake, but it sounds delicious and is from "The Nella Cuccina" cookbook so I know it will be very good. It is a good keeper (you can freeze it) and a lovely company cake to serve!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 4 tablespoons grappa or 4 tablespoons brandy
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 6 large eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons milk or 2 tablespoons cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts or 1/3 cup coarsely chopped hazelnuts
- 1 cup coarsely chopped semisweet chocolate
- confectioners' sugar
- 1In a small bowl soak the raisins for at least an hour.
- 2Pre heat oven to 375f& grease two deep 9 1/2" x 1 1/2" cake pans.
- 3Fit a circle of parchment paper on the bottom of each and grease the paper then dust with flour, shake out excess.
- 4Toast the pine nuts in the oven for 3-4 minutes, watch closely they burn easily.
- 5Beat eggs until pale yellow.
- 6Gradually add sugar and continue beating until thick.
- 7Add ricotta& milk (cream)& continue beating until the mixture is smooth.
- 8Sprinkle in the orange zest and fold in with a spatula.
- 9Sift 3 cups of flour with the baking powder.
- 10Gradually add the flour mixture to the egg/cheese mixture, beating at a slow speed until the mixture is smooth.
- 11Drain& dry the raisins, reserve the brandy.
- 12Toss raisins with the remaining flour, add to the batter.
- 13Gently fold in the the brandy, nuts& chocolate.
- 14Divide between the two pans, Bake on middle rake for about 40-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- 15If the cakes start to brown too quickly place a loose sheet of aluminium foil on top.
- 16Cool cakes on wire racks.
- 17Remove from cake pans and discard the parchment paper.
- 18You may now freeze the cakes,Well wrapped for up to 3 months OR Sprinkle a generous coating of confectioner's sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torta di Ricotta
Serving Size: 1 (2035 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3112.7
- Calories from Fat 1050
- Total Fat 116.7 g
- Saturated Fat 47.9 g
- Cholesterol 749.5 mg
- Sodium 1522.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 471.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.1 g
- Sugars 272.3 g
- Protein 83.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: