Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Torta di Mandorle con Arancia is an almond and orange cake from Sicily, taken from Cookies From Italy.com and posted for ZWT7
- 4 large eggs, separated
- 8 ounces granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons potato flour
- 12 ounces ground almonds
- 3 grated oranges, zest of
- 2 oranges, juice of
- icing sugar, for dusting
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Grease and flour an 8 inch (20 cm) springform cake tin.
- Beat together the egg yolks and sugar until pale, thick and creamy.
- Fold in the potato flour. Fold in the almonds, orange zest and juice.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, then fold into the mixture.
- Turn into the prepared tin.
- Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until golden brown and firm to the touch. Remove from the tin and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Dust with sifted icing sugar before serving.