Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Lemon Ricotta Cake
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup ricotta cheese
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
- Grease a 9 inch round cake or springform pan. Line the bottom with parchment or waxed paper. Grease the paper. Dust with flour. Set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Beat in the ricotta.
- Beat in the egg yolks, one at a time. Ass 2 Tbl of the flour, and the lemon zest and juice. Sift the baking powder into the ramaining flour and beat into the batter until well blended only.
- Beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold them carefully into the batter.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared cake pan. Bake for 45 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool. Dust the cake generously with confectioner's sugar before serving.
Do try this as it's delicious, easy to make and looks fabulous. The only change I made was to use two lemons instead of one.