Recipe by Chill
This is a great and tasty dip or spread for just about anything...crackers, baguette slices. It makes just enough for a great party food.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and pureed
- 1⁄4 cup pesto sauce
- cherry tomatoes, made into a rose
- basil leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream cheese and butter in a mixer until smooth.
- Line a terrine with plastic wrap and spread a thin layer of mixture over bottom.
- Place in freezer until firm.
- Cover with a thin layer of tomatoes,then cheese, chill again.
- Spread a thin layer of pesto and then repeat layers until terrine is filled, ending with cheese.
- Chill until firm, unmold and top with tomato rose, using basil as leaves and chives (or green onions) as stems.
- Yield is approximate.