Torta de Mele is the Italian description of this truly mouthwatering moist apple cake. Easy to make and can be served on its own or with cream, ice cream or a good thick custard.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 11. Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F.
- 22. Place the butter into a saucepan and melt in the oven, taking care that it does not burn.
- 33. Peel the apples and cut them into small pieces. Add the lemon juice and 50 grams of the sugar. Mix together and set aside.
- 44. Break the eggs into a large bowl. Add the remaining sugar and beat together well.
- 55. Add the melted butter, the vanilla, the flour and the baking powder, mixing well.
- 66. Add the apples.
- 77. Put the mixture in a cake tin, sprinkle the toasted pine nuts on top and bake for 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- 88. Serve with whipped cream, custard or vanilla ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torta De Mele
Serving Size: 1 (198 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.5
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.0 mg
- Sodium 143.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 29.9 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vanilla bean seeds