1/2 Photos of Torta De Frango - Brazilian Chicken Pie
1 hr 25 mins
A Brazilian recipe easy to prepare great to prepare in advance. Found online and posted for ZWT7.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 1Take a chicken breast or two and shred it while it cooks.
- 2Still cooking add tomato sauce, onion, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, canned corn, and of coarse chopped cilantro.
- 3Cook until sauce thickened a bit, and all of the chicken is shredded. Adjust to taste.
- 4Preheat oven to 350º F.
- 5Put all dough ingredients for the dough into a blender and beat until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- 7Put the pie together for baking: pour half of dough mixture into pan. Add filling. Pour rest of the dough on top.
- 8Bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
- 9Let it cool, slice and serve with a nice green salad with vinaigrette dressing!
- 10Note: to the filling you can add 1 red bell pepper chopped. You can also change the recipe using tuna instead of chicken! If you like it hot, add a pinch of chili.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torta De Frango - Brazilian Chicken Pie
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 765.2
- Calories from Fat 503
- Total Fat 55.9 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 200.9 mg
- Sodium 1075.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 28.6 g