Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
A Brazilian recipe easy to prepare great to prepare in advance. Found online and posted for ZWT7.
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup canned corn
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- salt and pepper
- 12 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups milk
- 3⁄4-1 cup oil
- Take a chicken breast or two and shred it while it cooks.
- Still cooking add tomato sauce, onion, garlic, salt, oregano, pepper, canned corn, and of coarse chopped cilantro.
- Cook until sauce thickened a bit, and all of the chicken is shredded. Adjust to taste.
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Put all dough ingredients for the dough into a blender and beat until smooth. Adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- Put the pie together for baking: pour half of dough mixture into pan. Add filling. Pour rest of the dough on top.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
- Let it cool, slice and serve with a nice green salad with vinaigrette dressing!
- Note: to the filling you can add 1 red bell pepper chopped. You can also change the recipe using tuna instead of chicken! If you like it hot, add a pinch of chili.
A nice mildly flavored chicken pie! The dough bakes up extremely light and fluffy. I made using whole wheat flour, cut the oil down to 2 tablespoons and fallow the suggestion in step 12 of adding some chili powder. We did think it would benefit from some more spicing in addition to the chili powder. Thanks so much for the post.