Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A friend at work shared this wonderful recipe with me. It is delicious. I serve it with Romaine Lettuce Salad With Cilantro Dressing Romaine Lettuce with Cilantro Dressing. Great use of leftover chicken as well!
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 (14 ounce) cans cream-style corn
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1 lb shredded monterey jack cheese
- 2 anaheim chilies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub oil on chiles and roast over flame on stove until skin is black.
- Immediately place chiles in a plastic bag and twist shut. Leave chiles for five minutes.
- Remove chiles from bag and take off the burnt outer skin.
- Seed and slice chiles.
- Sautee chicken with butter.
- In a seperate bowl mix cornmeal, salt, pepper, sugar, cream style corn, milk and half of grated cheese.
- Spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread half of cornmeal mixture on bottom of baking dish.
- Spread chicken on top of mixture.
- Spread roasted chiles on top of chicken.
- Top with remainder of cornmeal mixture.
- Cover in the other half of the cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for thirty minutes.
- Remove foil and bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy.
Very interesting and delish. Made for Fall PAC 2007 we loved it. Tina