Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
It is a dish made from tortillas, salsa, cheese, cream and whatever you have in your fridge.
- 12 day old tortillas
- 2 cups prepared salsa (red or green)
- 2 -3 poblano chiles, roasted peeled, seeded and deveined, sliced in 1/4 inch strips
- 2 cups refried beans (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups cream or 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups ham, 1/4-inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken, shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups chorizo sausages
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded pork
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded beef
- 1 1⁄2 cups fish
- green onion (to garnish)
- Quick fry tortillas in oil for 2 to 3 seconds on each side; drain.
- Line the bottom of a 9-inch square baking pan with 3 tortillas, then start layering sauce, creme cheese, and all of the ingredients. The top will only have sauce, cream and cheese.
- The ingredients from the refried beans down are all suggestions. You can put in any combination you like of the meats, depending on what you have on hand.
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes at 350°.
- Garnish with onions, cilantro and avocado.