1 star reviewer zmailed me and said: "I really don't think the problem was with your recipe at all, my family are not big on things like avacado, or chilli like me. It was just not for my family." i'm not sure why she tried my recipe if her family doesnt like the ingredients or why she didnt comment in her review, but i have an idea; careful what you say around here, people can leave bad reviews even if they havent tried your recipe..sucks :( if you can, start by going to a carniceria & picking up some pre-marinated carne asada & some bolillos. if thats not available to you then i suggest you marinate the steaks in Taqueria Style Tacos-Carne Asada only through step 6 using ingredients vinegar through paprika & you can use any soft roll type bread if you cant find bolillos. these are so tasty you HAVE to try 'em!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 bolillos rolls
- 680.38 g flank steaks, thinly sliced
- 411.06 g can rosarita zesty fat free refried beans with jalapeno
- 473.18 ml lettuce, finely chopped
- 236.59 ml sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (optional)
- 29.58 ml hot sauce (optional)
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 44.37 ml yellow onions, finely minced
- 2 jalapenos, minced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 29.58 ml cilantro, finely minced
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 0.59 ml sea salt
- 1.23 ml fresh cracked black pepper
- 1start by making the salsa fresca; combine all salsa ingredients & chill for an hour.
- 2about 20 minutes before you're ready to cook the meat combine guacamole ingredients with a electric mixer until smooth. i'd suggest bring out the salsa now & hav some tortilla chips for dipping while waiting for the rest of the meal.
- 3turn oven on 250 for toasting.
- 4heat beans on med-low until hot.
- 5in a large skillet or on a bbq cook steaks until light brown on the outside & still slightly pink in the middle -- carne asada should not be dark brown & charred.
- 6once done let sit for 5 minutes.
- 7while the meat is resting slice bolillos in half & toast for 4 minutes.
- 8cut carne asada into small pieces or strips.
- 9spread one half of the bolillos with guacamole.
- 10spread the other half with hot beans.
- 11sprinkle cheese on beans, if using, & top with carne asada, lettuce, salsa fresca & hot sauce, if using.
- 12close sandwich, press down & cut in half.
- 13serve with extra salsa & guacamole (if there's any left still!).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torta Asada (Mexican Carne Asada Sandwich)
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 389.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.5 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 172.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 27.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free refried beans with jalapeno