1/1 Photo of Torshi Lift
Angela Sara's Note:
Of all the pickles prepared in the Middle East-and there are many of them - this is one of the most spectacular looking. A delight to serve with grilled and roasted meats. Be patient and resist the temptation to open the jar before they are ready! Once opened they will keep for 4-6 weeks in a cool place, if they last that long! From a favourite book The Complete Meze Table.
My Private Note
half li ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the turnips and cut in half.
- 2Peel the beetroot and slice thinly.
- 3Pack the turnips into sterilised jars alternating with layers of the beetroot, garlic and dates.
- 4Bring the water and the salt to boil and then add the vinegar.
- 5Pour over the vegetables making sure they are completely covered by the liquid.
- 6If there is not quite enough liquid add a little more vinegar and brine.
- 7Seal the jars and leave in the kitchen.
- 8Ready to eat in 10-12 days.
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torshi Lift
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 18.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1600.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 0.5 g