1/2 Photos of Torrones - a Christmas Time Nougat Candy
These candies are made by all different nationalities, each claiming their "own" special touches, all over the world. I found these on Easy Entertaining by Michael Chiarello on the foodnetwork.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine sugar, corn syrup and water in saucepan.
- 2Cook over medium heat until candy thermometer registers at 260°F.
- 3In an electric mixer, beat egg whites to form stiff peaks.
- 4When sugar reaches 260°F pour slowly in a thin stream into egg whites, while mixer is running.
- 5Add extracts and beat on medium speed for 13 minutes; then fold in candied fruit, if using, and mix for another 2 minutes.
- 6Now fold in 1/2 cup sliced almonds.
- 7Pour mixture in buttered and lightly dusted floured 9" pan.
- 8Top with remaining almonds.
- 9Let sit overnight and then cut into pieces.
- 10Serve on a "festive" decorated plate.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torrones - a Christmas Time Nougat Candy
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 275.6
- Calories from Fat 34
- Total Fat 3.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 21.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 2.2 g