Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A marshmallow type filling with a crunchy wafer.
- 2 large plain wafers
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups roasted whole almonds
- Roast the almonds in a preheated 375 F oven for approximately 10 minutes (do not burn).
- Melt butter and marshmallows together in a large pot. Once the marshmallows have melted, add the chocolate chips and stir until melted. As soon as the chocolate mixture is melted, stir in the roasted almonds.
- Quickly spread the chocolate mixture on the wafer using a large buttered spoon. Once even, place the second wafer on top. Place something heavy on top of the wafer, and let sit for several hours to set. Cut diagonally into small cookies.