Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on reciperewards.com. Depends on the bread how many slices you'll get.
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 6 -12 thick slices bread (French or Italian ,1-inch thick, day-old bread is better)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Beat the eggs, milk and cinnamon together.
- Dip both sides of the slices of bread in the egg mixture and fry in a heavy skillet over moderate heat until browned on both sides.
- Dust liberally with powdered’ sugar and serve immediately.
French toast is my favorite breakfast! I did use day old thin sliced Italian bread!I added vanilla extract. Topped with fresh blueberry-strawberry topping. So yummy. Thanks.
Added a little sugar to the dip and browned in butter. At 5'2", if only I could stretch myself to 6', then I wouldn't have one worry about the weight gain. Made for PRMR.
I love French toast made with cinnamon or nutmeg and this did not disappoint! I doubled the amount of milk and skipped the powdered sugar and served with maple syrup. Great breakfast while we were out in the RV. Made for Spring 2010 PAC.