Recipe by Jostlori
This recipe is from a book "Tapas" by Adrian Lissen. It's like a savory version of french toast, and is served as a tapa. Might seem strange, but it's very good! This is a translation from spanish, so hopefully it's correct.
Top Review by CJAY
Oh wow, did I love this! I cut the recipe down a bit to make just 2 slices. I used olive-rosemary foccacia for the bread and loved every bite. I'll definitely make this often. Thanks for sharing. Made for ZWT 8-Spain/Portugal.
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 few drops hot water
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely minced
- 6 slices good crusty bread
- 45 ml olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a few drops of very hot water.
- Add the minced garlic, salt, pepper and mix well.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Dip a bread slice in the egg mixture, covering both sides well.
- Fry the bread until golden brown on both sides.
- IMPORTANT: its necessary for the oil to be very hot so that the eggs cook immediately upon contact. Be careful to turn bread before the garlic burns.