1/1 Photo of Torresmos-Portuguese Garlic Roasted Pork
*Needs to Marinate 24 hours* The marinade is a wonderful flavor enhancer for the pork. Original recipe from David Leite, and adapted to our taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 lb fresh jalapeno (4-5 are plenty for us)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 cup paprika (sweet or hot, I use sweet)
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 lbs boneless pork butt, cut into 8 pieces (I use thick cut boneless pork loin chops and reduce cooking time)
- 1/4 cup oil (for roasting, about 1/4 cup)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2Place the peppers and salt into a food processor and mince.
- 3Combine the minced peppers with the garlic, paprika, white wine and red wine in a large glass bowl.
- 4Add the pork pieces to the marinade, making sure the pork is coated well.
- 5Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours.
- 6After 24 hours remove pork, and discard the marinade.
- 7Pour oil into a large roasting pan, place the pork in the roasting pan and season with salt and pepper.
- 8Roast at 375 degrees for about 1 hour (turn the pork regularly to make sure pork stays moist).
- 9Depending on the cut and how thick your pork pieces are, cooking time may need to be adjusted. Pork should register at least 160-170 degrees for safety.
- 10I have not tried this yet, but was thinking of marinating a whole pork shoulder or loin roast and trying it in the crockpot.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Torresmos-Portuguese Garlic Roasted Pork
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 808.3
- Calories from Fat 516
- Total Fat 57.3 g
- Saturated Fat 17.7 g
- Cholesterol 199.5 mg
- Sodium 1351.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 58.2 g