Recipe by Baby Kato
This recipe is submitted for play in ZWT8 – Spain/Portugal. It is a recipe by Ana Patuleia Ortins This is similar to the another recipe except that it uses pork butt and is cooked in the oven. Note: This can also be braised on the stove top in the marinade until fork tender. Note: Prep time is the meat marinating in the fridge overnight.
- 4 lbs pork butt, boneless, cut into 2- inch cubes
- 1 -2 bell pepper, hot red finger, stemmed, seeded
- 1⁄4 cup paprika, sweet
- 8 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 bay leaf
- 3⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon salt, coarse sea (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 4 tablespoons olive oil (as much as needed)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the meat in a non-reactive glass or ceramic or stainless steel bowl and season the meat with the peppers, paprika, garlic, bay leaf and salt and pepper.
- Turn the meat in the seasoning to coat evenly and slowly pour the wine over the roast, cover and refrigerate overnight.
- About 1/2 hour before starting to cook, drain the marinade from the meat.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Drizzle the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil to coat and add the meat.
- Place the pan in a 350 degree oven and cook for 1 hour, turning the meat to evenly brown.
- The meat should be fork tender.