Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my family's new favorite cake. It starts with a marble cake mix, with coconut and nuts and cream cheese. The cream cheese stays a bit soft for a while after coming out of the oven.
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box fudge marble cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1⁄3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- Butter the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan; Sprinkle pecans and coconut in pan.
- Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour over pecans and coconut.
- Combine butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well.
- Drop in dollops over cake batter.
- Bake at 350F for one hour.
- Serve with whipped topping.