1 hr 20 mins
Connie K's Note:
This is my family's new favorite cake. It starts with a marble cake mix, with coconut and nuts and cream cheese. The cream cheese stays a bit soft for a while after coming out of the oven.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) box fudge marble cake mix
- 3 eggs (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/3 cup oil (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1 1/3 cups water (or as called for by your cake mix)
- 1/2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine, melted
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1Butter the bottom of a 9x13-inch pan; Sprinkle pecans and coconut in pan.
- 2Prepare cake mix according to package directions; pour over pecans and coconut.
- 3Combine butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar; mix well.
- 4Drop in dollops over cake batter.
- 5Bake at 350F for one hour.
- 6Serve with whipped topping.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tornado Cake
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 617.2
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 87.6 mg
- Sodium 454.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 63.0 g
- Protein 5.3 g