Recipe by TLizSkinn
My mixer died off, so I finally got the Kitchenaid stand mixer I've been waiting for!! (HUBBY HAD NO EXCUSES OF WHY I COULD'T GET IT!!) This recipe was one of the ones that came in the recipe booklet. Husbands rating- VERY GOOD. As for me I didn't even get to taste them, they were all gone.
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, drained and crumbled
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 1⁄4 cup grated romano cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb frozen prepared phyllo dough, thawed
- 1 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place feta cheese, cream cheese and cottage cheese in a bowl.
- Beat medium speed one until fluffy, about one minute.
- Scrape down sides if bowl and add romano cheese, pepper and nutmeg.
- Beat low speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Scrape down sides of bowl and add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- Place one sheet of phyllo dough on flat surface, cover remaining dough with slightly damp towel (so it doesn't dry out).
- Brush sheet with butter, top with another sheet, brush again with butter.
- Cut lengthwise into 2 1/2 inch strips.
- Place 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture on bottom corner of strip.
- Fold over into a triangle and continue folding (like a flag).
- Brush with butter and place on greased baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining dough and cheese mixture, working quickly (the dough will dry out fast).
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Serve immediately.