My mixer died off, so I finally got the Kitchenaid stand mixer I've been waiting for!! (HUBBY HAD NO EXCUSES OF WHY I COULD'T GET IT!!) This recipe was one of the ones that came in the recipe booklet. Husbands rating- VERY GOOD. As for me I didn't even get to taste them, they were all gone.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Place feta cheese, cream cheese and cottage cheese in a bowl.
- 3Beat medium speed one until fluffy, about one minute.
- 4Scrape down sides if bowl and add romano cheese, pepper and nutmeg.
- 5Beat low speed until combined, about 30 seconds.
- 6Scrape down sides of bowl and add eggs one at a time, beating after each one.
- 7Place one sheet of phyllo dough on flat surface, cover remaining dough with slightly damp towel (so it doesn't dry out).
- 8Brush sheet with butter, top with another sheet, brush again with butter.
- 9Cut lengthwise into 2 1/2 inch strips.
- 10Place 1 teaspoon of cheese mixture on bottom corner of strip.
- 11Fold over into a triangle and continue folding (like a flag).
- 12Brush with butter and place on greased baking sheet.
- 13Repeat with remaining dough and cheese mixture, working quickly (the dough will dry out fast).
- 14Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- 15Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for Toripetas
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.0
- Calories from Fat 173
- Total Fat 19.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 74.7 mg
- Sodium 463.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 6.4 g