Recipe by BirdyBaker
Here is a dish I am famous for both with my friends in Japan and Canada. It was given to me by an aunt in Japan and I wanted to share her recipe with the rest of the world..lol.
Top Review by blueyedwineaux
Easy to make, delicious to taste! Used tofu (frozen 24hrs then thawed) in place of chicken, also 2x have added 1 tsp of sesame seed oil. Rolling marinaded pieces in corn starch instead of the cornflour mixture works too, just gives it slightly different taste & texture. Absolutely wonderful, everyone loves this recipe! Thank you!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into bite sized pieces)
For the marinade
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 30 g gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the Coating
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 slices lemons, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken in the mixture and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour with the plain flour.
- Take each piece of chicken from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until it is coated completely.
- Heat the oil to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and deep-fry the chicken pieces for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve on a bed of salad garnished with a lemon.