Recipe by Torgo, Esq.
I am Torgo. Whenever The Master returns, he desires these healthy and fluffy pancakes smothered in my blueberry-maple topping (see my other recipes). This recipe makes 2-3 pancakes. Quintuple the dry ingredients and store until you need it. Use a rounded 3/4 cup of mix (more exactly: 3/4 cups + 1.5 Tablespoons) per 3 pancakes. NOTE - The Master also likes the vegan version of this recipe in which you substitute for the egg the following: 1/2 a banana (very ripe) mashed together with 1/4 tsp of baking powder. Mix the mash in with the liquids and make a homogeneous solution before adding to dries.(updated 9/18/09)
Top Review by ElaineAnn
Made the recipe as posted, using 2% milk a la animal (my only choice). These are hearty filling pancakes! I topped with 1 serving Recipe #157548 which made a great breakfast. Thanks for sharing Torgo! Made for When It's Hot Tag Game.
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk (or milk a la animal)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix dry ingredients into a bowl (sift together if you can). Mix wet ingredients in a separate container.
- Pour wets into drys and fold together until just combined (even if there's still some lumps, don't give it more than approximately 8-10 stirs of the spatula so pancakes remain fluffy). Let sit 7-10 minutes while you preheat your cooking surface to medium-high heat.
- Cook. Eat.