Recipe by Tish
I stare fixadly at the TV any time I see Emeril cook. These were really fun to watch so I decided they needed to be posted for everyone to enjoy!
- 2 lbs yellow pumpkin, peeled and seeds removed, cut into 1/2-inch by 3-inch strips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups dark beer
- 1 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence, plus more for dusting, recipe follows
- vegetable oil, for frying
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 -2 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy, deep saucepan, heat the oil to 360°F
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, beer, and Essence. Dip the pumpkin strips into the batter, letting the excess drip off. Fry in the oil until golden, turning to brown evenly, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and Essence.
- For the sauce: In a small bowl, combine soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, honey, sesame oil, and green onions.
- Serve hot with the sauce.