Recipe by Judy from Hawaii
This is a bit different from the usual tuna casserole. It is adapted from the Good Housekeeping Cookbook.
- 1 lemon, sliced, unpeeled
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1 tablespoon minced green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄4 lb sliced cheddar cheese, about
- 9 tablespoons milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups packaged biscuit mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Spray 8" pie plate or other round shallow casserole with vegetable spray.
- Arrange lemon slices over bottom of pie plate.
- Mix tuna, onion, green pepper, crumbs, mustard, lemon juice, catsup,& egg.
- Top with cheese slices.
- With fork, mix milk and biscuit mix to make a soft dough& spread over cheese layer.
- Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes, or till light brown.
- Loosen edges, quickly invert onto a serving dish& cut into wedges.