Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄3 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon water, cold
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Chill evaporated milk.
- Sprinkle gelatin over cold water in small saucepan, then stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Add to milk and beat until stiff.
- Add sugar, vanilla and lemon juice.
- Use immediately, or beat again before serving.
This did not work for me at all. The milk/gelatin mixture never thickened to soft peaks, let alone stiff peaks.