Top Review by PanNan
I had never made pumpkin pie with sweetened condensed milk before. It made the pie sweeter and provided a real nice texture. The topping was a very nice surprise. This is richer than the traditional pumpkin pie recipe, and smaller pieces are just right. This is definitely a keeper. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
For the filling
- 2 cups pumpkin (15 oz. can works fine)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
For the topping
- 1⁄3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts, such as pecans or walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- For the filling: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all filling ingredients well and pour into unbaked pie crust.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until set; let cool slightly.
- For the topping: In a medium saucepan, over low heat, mix all topping ingredients.
- Stir and cook 5 minutes; remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Spoon over pie.
- Chill well before serving.