1/2 Photos of Topfenpalatschinken - Crepes With Quark Filling
This is another classic Viennese dessert. Thinly baked crepes, filled with a Quark Cream filling and finished in the oven. It is important to use authenthic German Quark/Topfen. Some of the upscale markets and German deli's in the US carry it but if you can't find it, there is a fantastic recipe for home made Quark already posted. "How to Make German Quark", it's easy and inexpensive to make and works perfect for this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1For the batter:.
- 2Combine milk, one egg, half of the softened butter and salt, mix at medium speed for a minute, reduce to low speed and gradually add the flour, blend for another minute.Cover and refrigerate for one hour.
- 3Lightly butter a non stick skillet or omelette pan, heat over medium heat, ladle a little of the batter into the pan. Lift and swirl pan to cover entire surface, cook for @ 1 minute. Lift edge with a spatula to loosen and turn; cook ca. 30 seconds more and remove to a platter. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter as needed.
- 4For the Filling:.
- 5Separate the two remaining eggs. Beat egg whites to soft peaks.
- 6In another bowl mix the rest of the sugar with the 2 egg yolks, add the Quark, the raisins, sour cream and lemon rind. Fold in the beaten egg whites until well combined.
- 7Fill each crepe with 2-3 tsp of the cream filling, roll up and place in a buttered baking dish, 4 to 6 per portion.
- 8bake in a 350F oven until golden brown and heated through, Ca. 5 - 6 minutes.
- 9Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve right away.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Topfenpalatschinken - Crepes With Quark Filling
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.6
- Calories from Fat 290
- Total Fat 32.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.6 g
- Cholesterol 219.0 mg
- Sodium 338.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 101.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 17.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: