Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a simple but great tasting sandwich!! I think you could really whip this up with any meat/cheese combo. I made one the other day with roasted red peppers instead of onion - YUM! This recipe came from Southernbite.com Oh you have to check this out website out some seriously great food!!
- 2 loaves crusty French bread
- 2 cups finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 9 ounces roughly thinly sliced smoked ham
- 1⁄2 medium onions, thinly sliced or 1⁄2 roasted red pepper
- Cut the loaves of bread in half lengthwise as if you’re going to make a sandwich. Combine the 1 cup mayo and 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese in a bowl and spread on both side of both loaves of bread. Place thinly sliced onion and ham in each sandwich to your liking. Wrap sandwiches in aluminum foil and and bake in 350 degree oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until until cheese is melted and the sandwiches are heated through.
The DH and I had a lunch out today and it was a huge seafood platter for 2 so come dinner time and DH was going to work on night shift I just wanted something light quick and easy and this recipe did it for me, I did it as 1 serve using a long wholemeal roll but only used a couple of teaspoon of mayo instead of an 1/8 cup and used a double smoked ham, a thinly sliced eschallot and a sharp vintage cheddar and I was tempted to add some thinly slice tomatoes (will certainly consider when making again) and thoroughloy enjoyed, thank you Ceezie, made for I Recoomend tag game and recommended by AZPARZYCH.
I loved the crusty bread and melted cheese on this sandwich. I left off the onions and next time will cut back on the mayo, DH liked it but it was too much for me. Made for 123 Hits.
DH and I are loving our baked sandwiches at the moment, and this was no exception.
We decided to swap the ham for smoked turkey, but otherwise kept it as written.
Made for PRMR.