Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
About a week ago I went to lunch at Cantina Laredo's and tried their table side prepared guacamole, which I normally don't eat the guacamole, not a fan, but just loved this one. They start out with lime juice, then add the seasonings and then the diced avocado. Then they give you the option of adding all the remaining ingredients (onions, tomatoes, cilantro and jalapenos). I wasn't the one ordering this, so they added all but the onions and jalapenos. There were several news videos (from different cities) on youtube.com to watch them make it, so I am including a link. This one is not a news station but actually from Cantina Laredo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSte45AvS6g.
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 large Hass avocado (ripe, slightly soft to squeeze)
- 2 tablespoons red onions, diced 3/8-inch (I sub green onion for milder taste)
- 2 tablespoons jalapenos, finely diced and seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup tomatoes, diced 3/8-inch (remove all insides except tomato flesh, no seeds)
- Using a fork, place it in the middle of the 1/2 lime and squeeze (turning fork) to get the juice in to the bowl. Add the sea salt, white pepper and granulated garlic and stir to combine.
- Cut avocado in half and remove the seed.
- With a dinner knife, score the avocado every ½ inch, turning knife length-wise and cross-wise to form ½-inch squares.
- Taking each avocado half, place a bouillon spoon between the skin and the pulp. Remove the pulp and place into the mixing bowl.
- With two forks, mash the avocados to make a chunky paste.
- Next add the onion, cilantro, jalapenos and mix to combine. Last, add the tomatoes.
- Serve with chips and enjoy!
Use 4 avocados. That will make you use 1 whole tomato, 1 whole red onion, all the cilantro, and 2 jalapenos. That way nothing goes to waste. Before I would throw away half a tomato and onion.
We loved this guacamole!! Great combination of ingredients. Made for PRMR.