Recipe by lauren
A new twist on the classic tortilla.
Top Review by Julie F
I've been sending these in my daughter's lunch. She's not interested in the apple slices, but I LOVE sandwiches with apple. They add such a nice twist. I just wrap them in saran wrap and the flavors all blend nicely by lunch time. I hadn't thought of using ranch dressing. She doesn't care for mustard or mayo, but is a big fan of ranch salad dressing, so this suited her perfectly. Thanks so much!
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1⁄3 cup bottled bacon ranch dressing
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 6 ounces thinly sliced deli roast beef or 6 ounces deli ham, from the deli
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 small apple, if you like
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a piece of waxed paper on counter or table. Spread the tortillas out on waxed paper. Spread dressing over tortillas with a table knife. Place a lettuce leaf on each tortilla. Arrange meat on each tortilla near one edge. Top meat with cheese.
- If using the apple, put it on a cutting board. Use a sharp knife to cut the apple into 4 pieces. Cut out the core and cut the apple into thin slices. Arrange apple slices on top of the cheese.
- Roll up tortillas, starting from the edge nearest the filling. Use a serrated knife to cut each tortilla roll in half crosswise.
- Serve with a small bunch of green grapes and milk.