Recipe by FeelinYummy
I have been making these stuffed mushrooms for years. It is mandatory that I bring them to every single family function. Hope you enjoy them!
- 16 ounces white mushrooms
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces herb stuffing mix (I use Stove Top)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 8 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare stuffing according to package instructions.
- Wipe mushrooms with a clean, damp kitchen towel.
- Separate the musroom stems from the caps, putting the stems in a food processor and the caps in a large baking dish.
- Add imitation crab meat, garlic, parmesan and most of the stuffing to the food processor.
- Turn the food processor on and mix until completely blended (no chunks of mushroom stems or crab remaining).
- Fill the mushroom caps with the stuffing mix (the caps should be "over-filled", this step can be messy).
- Break the butter up into small pieces and put them in somewhat evenly between the mushrooms.
- Place baking dish in the oven on center rack, uncovered for 20 - 25 minutes.
- Add a little bit of sprinkled parmesan cheese on top of the mushrooms, place back in the oven and bake an additional 5 - 7 minutes.