Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com The Colonel decided that wings were going to be a good thing to serve and so he decided to create fried wings that are very tasty. The Honey Barbecue wings are tasty . After they are made, they are dipped into the Honey Barbecue Dipping Sauce. If you don't want the honey barbecue wings, just serve them as the regular wings.
- 6 -8 cups shortening
- 20 chicken wings
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon msg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- If you are using frozen wings allow them to defrost and marinate. I suggest (CopyCat) Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinade #75408.
- If you are using fresh wings you are going to want to take the wing and remove the flipper and then break them into two pieces and then marinate them.
- Combine the beaten egg with the milk in a small bowl.
- In another small bowl, combine the flour, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika and MSG.
- When shortening is hot, dip each wing first in the flour mixture, then into the milk and egg mixture, and back into the flour.
- Bread all the wings then refrigerate them until ready to use.
- When they are ready to be used fry them 6 at a time for 12 minutes.
- Remove from the shortening and allow them to drain for 3 minutes.
- For the barbecue ones dip in the barbecue sauce and serve.
It was good but needs more paprika and salt. Very crunchy. Will definitely try again.
awesome recipe!! i added just a lil bit more salt and paprika. really tasty!
I thought I had already done a review on this but I see I haven't LOL This is really a good recipe. I have made chicken wings 4times since I found this recipe. I replaced the msg and used Accent and omitted the egg (mainly cause I forgot to use the egg) and deep fried them in my deep fryer. Thanks for sharing this recipe