Recipe by SJG3483
Try the recipe that has sold millions of waffles. If you prefer pecan waffles, add 1/4 cup chopped pecans before pouring the batter onto the waffle iron Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com
Top Review by Georgia Dave
Wow! Best waffle recipe ever. I'm a huge fan of Waffle House Pecan Waffles. I've never been able to make anything at home that came close to theirs. This one tastes just like Waffle House. Another reviewer suggested adding malt to the recipe. I added 1/4 cup Carnation Original Malted Milk powder to the egg & sugar mixture. That puts it over the top. This will be the ONLY waffle recipe we ever use from now on. Thanks for sharing!
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 14.79 ml granulated sugar
- 29.58 ml butter, softened
- 29.58 ml shortening
- 118.29 ml half-and-half
- 118.29 ml milk
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 1.23 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl and combine with sugar, butter, and shortening, mixing well until smooth.
- Add the half & half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture while beating and mix until smooth.
- If you can, cover and chill overnight, though the batter can be used right away.
- Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on a waffle iron, and preheat it.
- Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
- Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the waffles are light brown.