1/5 Photos of Top Secret Recipes Waffle House Waffles by Todd Wilbur
Try the recipe that has sold millions of waffles. If you prefer pecan waffles, add 1/4 cup chopped pecans before pouring the batter onto the waffle iron Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- 2Lightly beat the egg in another medium bowl and combine with sugar, butter, and shortening, mixing well until smooth.
- 3Add the half & half, milk, buttermilk and vanilla and mix well.
- 4Add the dry flour mixture to the wet mixture while beating and mix until smooth.
- 5If you can, cover and chill overnight, though the batter can be used right away.
- 6Rub a light coating of vegetable oil on a waffle iron, and preheat it.
- 7Leave the batter out of the refrigerator to warm up a bit as your waffle iron is preheating.
- 8Spoon 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the waffles are light brown.
Browse Our Top Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pancakes and Waffles Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Secret Recipes Waffle House Waffles by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.7
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 51.8 mg
- Sodium 567.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 19.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g