Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
originally from Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
- 907.18 g ground beef
- 340.19 g can tomato paste
- 2 (1644.27 g) can tomato sauce
- 822.13 g can kidney beans, with liquid
- 822.13 g can pinto beans, with liquid
- 236.59 ml diced onion
- 118.29 ml diced green chilis
- 59.14 ml diced celery
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 9.85 ml cumin powder
- 44.37 ml chili powder
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 9.85 ml salt
- 473.18 ml water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
- Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.
This has turned out to be my favorite chili recipe. Thank you, Shae, for sharing this "top secret" recipe.
This is a tasty, hearty chili that is just about as close to the original that you can get. I opted to put only black beans in it which are our favorite beans. This makes a great freezer recipe for those nights when you just want to heat something real quick and have no fuss! Thanks for this great recipe:)
Great recipe, but too much heat (for me). Decreasing the that end a bit next time and a little less beans. I think it will be perfect next time! I also diced some fire roasted Hatch chilies.