Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
originally from Top Secret Recipes by Todd Wilbur http://www.topsecretrecipes.com
Make and share this Top Secret Recipes Version of Wendy's Chili by Todd Wilbur recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 (29 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (29 ounce) can kidney beans, with liquid
- 1 (29 ounce) can pinto beans, with liquid
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green chilis
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin powder
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups water
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet over medium heat; drain off the fat.
- Using a fork, crumble the cooked beef into pea-size pieces.
- In a large pot, combine the beef plus all the remaining ingredients, and bring to a simmer over low heat.
- Cook, stirring every 15 minutes, for 2 to 3 hours.
This has turned out to be my favorite chili recipe. Thank you, Shae, for sharing this "top secret" recipe.
This is a tasty, hearty chili that is just about as close to the original that you can get. I opted to put only black beans in it which are our favorite beans. This makes a great freezer recipe for those nights when you just want to heat something real quick and have no fuss! Thanks for this great recipe:)
Great recipe, but too much heat (for me). Decreasing the that end a bit next time and a little less beans. I think it will be perfect next time! I also diced some fire roasted Hatch chilies.