Recipe by MakeMineCadburys
A yummy cocktail for two. "Recipe created by Todd Wilbur www.TopSecretRecipes.com"
Top Review by rosslare
GREAT FIND! Strong and flavorful, with no fruit juices. Basically, you make your Mai Tai flavored syrup and add it to rum and lemon juice and that's it. Fantastic! I used recipe #340691 for orange extract.
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 2 ounces lemon juice, fresh
- 4 ounces dark rum
- 2 pineapple chunks, garnish (optional)
- 2 maraschino cherries, garnish (optional)
- 1 sprig mint, garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mai Tai Syrup:.
- Stir sugar and hot water together until sugar dissolves. Add orange and almond extracts.
- Assemble Drink:.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with crushed ice. Add the juice of half of the small lime, half of the lemon juice, half of the dark rum and half of the Mai Tai syrup.
- Shake well and pour glass.
- Repeat for 2nd drink.
- Garnish each drink a wedge of fresh pineapple and a maraschino cherry speared on a skewer. Include a slice of the squeezed lime. Top with a sprig of mint.