1/1 Photo of Top Secret Recipes Version of T.g.i. Friday's Potato Skins
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Aussie mum 2_2's Note:
Another recipe I have yet to try but thought I would post just the same. The recipe has the added benefit of providing you with leftover baked potato ready for mashing or to use in another dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour. Let the potatoes cool down enough so that you can touch them.
- 2As the potatoes are baking, make the sour cream dip by mixing the sour cream with the chives. Place the mixture in a covered container in your refrigerator.
- 3When the potatoes are cool enough to handle, make 2 length-wise cuts through each potato, resulting in three 1/2- to 3/4-inch slices. Discard the middle slice or save them for a separate dish of mashed potatoes. This will leave you with two potato skins per potato.
- 4With a spoon, scoop some of the potato out of each skin, being sure to leave about 1/4 inch of potato inside of the skin.
- 5Brush the entire surface of each potato skin, inside and outside, with the melted butter.
- 6Place the skins on a cookie sheet, cut side up, and broil them for 6 to 8 minutes or until the edges begin to turn dark brown.
- 7Sprinkle 2 to 3 tablespoons of Cheddar cheese into each skin.
- 8Crumble the cooked bacon and sprinkle 1 to 2 teaspoons of the bacon pieces onto the cheese.
- 9Broil the skins for 2 more minutes or until the cheese is thoroughly melted. Serve hot, arranged on a plate surrounding a small bowl of the sour cream dip.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Secret Recipes Version of T.g.i. Friday's Potato Skins
Serving Size: 1 (299 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1038.9
- Calories from Fat 612
- Total Fat 68.0 g
- Saturated Fat 39.9 g
- Cholesterol 183.5 mg
- Sodium 951.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 33.1 g