Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
I have not tried this yet, but I am posting it so that I do not lose it. I love the lemon loaf from Starbucks!! If you try it, let me know....THANKS!! From www.TopSecretRecipes.com
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla extract, lemon extract and lemon juice with a mixer until blended.
- Pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and blend until smooth. Add oil and mix well.
- Pour into loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan on a rack.
- Making the icing: In a small bowl, combine powdered sugar, milk and lemon extract with a mixer until smooth.
- When loaf is cooled, remove from pan and frost top with icing. When icing has set, slice loaf into slices (should get about 8 good slices).
1. Make sure in step 3 to cream the butter and sugar first. Once the other liquids are added, this was a lumpy mess. I should have known better to correct this.
2. I substituted lemon zest for extract. It wasn't that lemony. The icing (with the same zest substitute) was much more so. Not sure if we'll try this again with corrections as it wasn't that good and we ended up throwing ours out.
We have no Starbucks where I live, hence I cannot compare it with the one they have. This loaf/cake was however very nice. Good lemony taste. I took the suggestion of earlier reviewers and replaced the oil with apple sauce and baked it at 325F. Easy to make and it baked for exactly 45 minutes. I omitted the icing since we are not fond of (or used to) icing and/ or frosting. Thanks for posting.
This was lovely. I served it to guests tonight and it got really good reviews from them. It was quick easy, and will definitely be on my make again list! Thanks for posting! (I think the addition of lemon zest to the glaze would be perfection!)