1/1 Photo of Top Secret Recipes Version of Mars Bars Candy by Todd Wilbur
This is very good but takes patience, you must work quickly when forming and dipping. Adapted from Todd Wilbur's book More Top Secret Recipes. www.TopSecretRecipes.com.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring sugar, water, Karo and salt to a boil and cook to 270°F using a candy thermometer.
- 2While this is cooking beat egg whites till soft peaks form.
- 3When candy hits 270°F pour it in a thin strand over egg whites while continuously beating with an electric mixer.
- 4Continue to mix for around 20 minutes or till the texture resembles dough, mix in almonds and press into a greased 9 inch pan.
- 5Cool and while it is cooling melt caramel with water and pour over almond fondant.
- 6Chill till firm.
- 7Working quickly cut candy into 24 pieces.
- 8Chill again then dip each piece into melted chocolate and immediately chill till chocolate is completely set.
- 9Store in an airtight container, separating with wax paper to prevent leaking caramel from sticking them together.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Top Secret Recipes Version of Mars Bars Candy by Todd Wilbur
Serving Size: 1 (53 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.0
- Calories from Fat 30
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 1.0 mg
- Sodium 47.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 1.9 g