Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. The Colonel's Baked Beans used to be baked and made fresh daily. Now there made with a can of Navy Beans made by Hanover and a bag of sauce and precooked frozen bacon. When it is needed it is just microwave and there you go.
- Drain the navy beans and place in a microwave safe dish.
- Add the precooked bacon.
- In a bowl combine all the other ingredients to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the beans and mix well.
- Allow them to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve them microwave them for 5 minutes then stir and microwave again for 7 minutes or till heated through.
I added 1 T. or cornstarch to thicken sauce a bit.