Recipe by JustaQT
From www.TopSecretRecipes.com. The Colonel's Baked Beans used to be baked and made fresh daily. Now there made with a can of Navy Beans made by Hanover and a bag of sauce and precooked frozen bacon. When it is needed it is just microwave and there you go.
- 1 (30 ounce) can navy beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 teaspoons minced fresh onions
- 4 pieces bacon, cooked and then crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain the navy beans and place in a microwave safe dish.
- Add the precooked bacon.
- In a bowl combine all the other ingredients to make a sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the beans and mix well.
- Allow them to sit overnight in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to serve them microwave them for 5 minutes then stir and microwave again for 7 minutes or till heated through.